Big Milestones on our Way
- 1954 the company is founded as an individual enterprise
- 1969 the company is transformed into a limited partnership business entity (KG). The three sons, master locksmith Ludwig, master locksmith Dieter and graduate engineer Werner Berdel become the limited partners
- 1977 the limited partnership business entity is transformed into a company with limited liability and the limited partners become its shareholders
- 1979 the company is relocated from the center of Neu-Isenburg to the industrial area south of town. The managing directors are graduate engineer Werner Berdel (†2010), master locksmiths Ludwig and Dieter Berdel.
- 1980 the installation of the first radiation protection door takes place.
- 1984 the commercial and technical processes are transferred to an IT system.
- 1990 all design work is done by CAD. 1995 master locksmith Ludwig Berdel resigns from the management, his shares are taken over by his daughter Rita Berdel-Müller.
- First Internet appearance starts in 1999.
- In 2000 the Berdel company publishes a handbook for quality management according to DIN EN ISO 9001. Master locksmith Dieter Berdel leaves the management. His son, Dipl. Ing. Markus Berdel, enters the management and becomes the new shareholder.
- 2002 the Berdel company establishes a manual for the technical welding quality requirements according to DIN EN 729-3.
- 2005 Berdel company celebrates its 50th anniversary. An article about it is published in the “Isenburger”, the local pictorial for the citizens of Neu-Isenburg.
- 2005 the design software is upgraded to 3D.
- 2006 the factory hall, including the extensions from 1957, is refurbished with new windows, doors and a thermal insulation system.
- 2007 investment in a CNC-waterjet cutting line, made by Bystronic.
- 2010 participation in a research project in the field of radiation protection.
- 2011 the conformity of our radiation protection doors with the machinery directive 2006/42/EG is certified by the TÜV Hessen.
- 2011 achievement of the highest approved execution class EXC 4 according to DIN EN 1090 for steel constructions.
- 2012 a patent is awarded for the invention of a high-speed door of up to 30 tons, which does not exceed the allowed operating forces as listed in DIN EN 12453, as a security measure against crushing, shearing and bumping.
- 2013 Relaunch of the website.
- 2014 Award of the “M&T Metallbaupreises” with the project ‘Access to an underground gas pressure regulating station’.
- 2018 Ms. Rita Berdel-Müller leaves the management.
Qualification and Approvals
Click on the certificate for an enlargement
- Professional electricians for determined tasks in metal working.
- Expert knowledge for Fire protection doors, fire and smoke barriers.
- Expert knowledge for power operated doors and gates.
- Expert knowledge for hold-open systems.
- Expert knowledge for NSHEV (SHEV).
- Expert knowledge for escape route protection systems, like door magnet-systems, or electric locking devices.